TvE PTA Officers Descriptions
- Coordinates the work of the officers and committees.
- Preside at all meetings of the association.
- Appoint the Parliamentarian, subject to approval of the newly elected officers.
- Represent the local PTA as a delegate to Council PTA.
First Vice President-
- Act as aide-to-president
- Preside in the absence of the president
- Be responsible for the following chairs- Communications, Directory, Library Liaison, Membership, Pro Center/Lost and Found, Teacher Appreciation, Volunteer Coordinator, Site Based Reps
Second Vice President-
- Act as aide-to-president
- Preside in the absence of president and First Vice President
- Responsible for the following chairs- Environmental/Healthy Fit, Fundraising, Historian/Yearbook, School Store, School Supplies/Box Tops, Special Events/Concessions, Spirit Wear
- Record the minutes of all meetings of the association.
- Keep an accurate record of attendance at executive board meetings.
- Have custody of all the funds of the association.
- Keep books of account and records including bank statements, receipts, budgets, invoices, paid receipts and canceled checks in accordance with the records retention policy.
- Sign on bank account.
- Present a financial report, both written and verbal, at every meeting of the Local PTA and as requested by the executive board or the voting body.
- Advise the presiding president on questions of parliamentary procedure.
- Vote only when the vote is by ballot.
TvE PTA Chair Person Description
COMMUNICATION/PUBLICATIONS: Coordinates the PTA Newsletter & creates weekly & monthly communications.
DIRECTORY: Gathers information to be included in the TvE Directory. Create the database, design the cover & layout, and handle printing & distribution.
ENVIRONMENTAL/HEALTHY FIT: Coordinates recycling at TvE. Helps with butterfly garden activities and supports TvE on being a Green Ribbon School. Develop programs to help parents and students with healthy lifestyles.
Fundraising: Oversees all aspects of fundraising for the PTA such as Candy Grams, Chocolate Sales etc.
HISTORIAN/YEARBOOK: Compile and keep a record of events and activities. Produces the annual yearbook.
LIBRARY LIAISON: Work closely with the librarian to coordinate volunteers for the library & book fair.
Membership: Promotes benefits of joining the PTA, handles membership roster & booths at events.
PRO CENTER/LOST & FOUND: Maintain the Pro-Center and the lost and found.
PTA Site Based Rep: Serves as our liaison to the Round Rock Council of PTAs. Attends monthly council luncheons.
REFLECTIONS/ PROGRAMS: Coordinates Reflections Program and service of a variety of school programs,
SPECIAL EVENTS/ CONCESSION: Coordinate events, maintains concession equipment, inventory and works school events.
SPIRITWEAR: Coordinates sales, orders & delivery of all spirit wear, sets up a booth at all PTA sponsored events.
SCHOOL STORE: Maintain inventory. Coordinate set up at PTA/school events i.e. movie night etc. Responsible for funds and reports to treasurer.
SCHOOL SUPPLIES/BOX TOPS: Coordinates the sales & delivery of pre-packaged school supplies. Organize collecting of labels and box tops for school credit.
TEACHER APPRECIATION: Coordinates all teacher appreciation events.
VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR: Gathers, organizes and maintains the volunteer database. Conduct Introductory Volunteer Training one of the first weeks in September.